Give the gift of hope with Heifer.


Talkie Zoo

Movies, entertainment, music, television.

Monday, April 01, 2013

The Weather Channel

Yeah, I actually watch this channel pretty often when I visit my Mom, as I did this past weekend. Folks, The Weather Channel has some pretty good programs on it!

I watched one about truck drivers who compete each week to see which one will earn the most. One of them is in Canada, one drives out west, and one drives up the East Coast. The East Coast driver is a woman.

There are all kinds of obstacles that get in their way. I used to drive a truck many years ago, and I can attest to the fact that a day doesn’t go by when something doesn’t happen that may impede your progress. These folks encounters icy roads, hurricane Sandy, hot dessert temperatures, low fuel, and loads that were hard to locate – all of which could have made them late in delivering and therefore make them lose a lot of money.

I also watch one about storm chasers. There’s a job I do NOT want. Those guys get right in the path of some serious tornadoes and really risk their lives getting those storms on film.

Of course, you also get the weather broadcast but it’s all the other shows they have that make The Weather Channel fun to watch.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home